Damar Hamlin may leave a Buffalo hospital in a day or two.


Damar Hamlin may leave a Buffalo hospital in a day or two. Buffalo Bills safety Damar Hamlin, who suffered a cardiac arrest a week ago while playing the Cincinnati Bengals, is expected to be released from a Buffalo hospital within the next 24 to 48 hours, according to Michael Hughes, senior vice president, and chief administrative officer at Kaleida Health, who spoke to CNN on Tuesday.

After completing their examination of Hamlin, doctors are hopeful that they will be able to identify whether or not Hamlin’s preexisting ailments played a role in his cardiac arrest on January 2. The hospital will issue a written health update on Tuesday.

According to Hughes, if the first diagnoses from the doctors are correct, the injury was the result of a single impact.

On Monday, doctors at a Cincinnati hospital said that Hamlin’s once-critical condition had improved to good or fair, prompting the transfer of Hamlin to a hospital in Buffalo.

Read more: Damar Hamlin Is Improving. The Buffalo Bills Player’s Condition Is Known.

The surgeon in charge at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center, Dr. Timothy Pritts, stated on Monday that they decided to help transport the patient back to the Buffalo region because they believed it to be the safest option.

The parents of Hamlin left Cincinnati for Pittsburgh and subsequently continued to Buffalo. Leaving the Buffalo Bills’ practice facility on Tuesday, they went to the hospital to check on Hamlin.

Second-year NFL player Hamlin has been slowly recovering from a dramatic collapse he suffered after making a tackle against the Bengals in Cincinnati a few days ago.

According to Pritts, “he’s clearly on what we consider to be a very normal to even accelerated trajectory from the life-threatening episode that he endured, but he’s making fantastic progress.”

Pritts said that the average time to recover from cardiac arrest is between weeks and months. Fortunately, Hamlin has consistently outperformed the projected schedule and is now neurologically unharmed.

Pritts still stated further testing is needed before he could say when Hamlin could return to regular life or what caused his heart to stop.

Hamlin’s cardiac arrest required many days of sedation and ventilation. Hamlin’s doctors revealed Monday that they took out his breathing tube on Friday morning, and he was walking with the assistance that afternoon.

Their safety condition was upgraded on Monday since his organ systems were stable, and he no longer required intensive nursing or breathing therapy.

“He walks normally,” Dr. William Knight, a neurovascular critical care expert at UC Health, said of Hamlin after treating him. He’s a touch frail; I’ll give you that. After all, he went through; I’m not surprised that he’s still building back up his strength. This is an essential element of his healing.

The group is overjoyed to have Hamlin back.

Some of Hamlin’s teammates were already excited to see him again before Monday’s release made it possible for him to return to Buffalo.

It’s nice to have him back in Buffalo, and the doctors and nurses in Cincinnati did a fantastic job; he’s in good hands with the Buffalo medical community. On Monday, Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott told reporters that the team was “glad to have him back.”

McDermott saw Hamlin on Monday and reported that he was “weary” but otherwise cheerful. He’s relieved to be back in a city he knows well, mainly in the Buffalo region. He’s taking it slow and steady, I can tell.

The coach also claimed that the club has matured due to the Hamlin injury.

McDermott stated, “We will all have matured as humans and as men in this circumstance,” adding that the team will visit Hamlin “at the correct time.”

McDermott stated that “having him nearby will give us more comfort” and motivate the squad as they prepare for the postseason.

Sunday’s game against the New England Patriots went on without Hamlin, but he was certainly thought of and supported by his teammates.

Pritts claimed that the ICU sounded off when Hamlin’s squad scored a touchdown.

He was OK; his reaction to the opening kickoff return was natural. I think he enjoyed it a lot,” Pritts remarked.

Hamlin was “beyond excited” and “extremely supported” by the league-wide and local outpourings of support on Sunday. This week, we learned that the Bills mafia is not some myth, as Pritts put it.

The Bills team website includes a CPR lesson.

Due to the prompt medical attention given to Hamlin after he collapsed, he is alive today, and the Buffalo Bills are now advocating for CPR training.

When Hamlin lost his pulse on the field and needed to be revived by resuscitation and defibrillation, assistant athletic trainer Denny Kellington is credited with providing CPR.

The medical response was part of an emergency action plan that “involves team, independent medical and athletic training professionals, equipment and security personnel,” according to a statement released by the Bills on Monday.

According to the statement, the team has committed to helping the Buffalo area by providing resources such as CPR training, AEDs, and advice for creating cardiac emergency response plans.

The Bills have issued a statement telling its followers to “keep demonstrating your support” by learning CPR.