When hurricane season approaches, the question pops up in local business owners’ minds: “Should I hire professional cleaners for my hurricane preparation?”
It sounds like an easy decision, but what are the hidden dangers of this? You might not want to make the same mistake as the past example of having a bad experience with such companies. How do you know who to hire and what will they charge you exactly? This guide is put together to help answer all of your questions.
First, there are three categories of hurricane service providers. They are business cleaning firms, home cleaning companies, and insurance companies. The first category comprises businesses you can hire to clean up after the hurricane.
The second category is those companies that run their franchisees and will perform work on your property. This type of company will rent equipment to you – like a vacuum cleaner, mop, and other tools – but will not be there themselves until the hurricane season ends. They have franchises all across the country (and even internationally), so it would be easiest to hire them via an online platform.
The final category is the companies that have their own franchisees and serve their clients themselves. In this case, it is crucial to do your research before hiring these companies because they can charge very high rates for hurricane services.
Advantages of Hiring a Business Cleaning Company
- They are insured and offer liability protection. If you don’t follow their instructions, you won’t be able to file a complaint against them for damages. These businesses use only quality supplies and equipment in their services.
- If necessary, along with the past example of services, you can enjoy professional advice from the cleaning company’s employees.
- All their employees are trained and certified to use the proper equipment to clean your business building or house safely and professionally. They take all the preventive measures according to guidelines given by OSHA and can help keep you and your employees safe during disaster cleanup.
- Hiring a business cleaning company means they have an extensive network of contractors who will help them after the hurricane season ends. Some of these businesses have contracts with professional companies that will help you rebuild your firm rather than do a full restoration right after the storm season is over.
- If you hire an insured business, your insurance company will likely pay for its services.
- You can enjoy 24/7 hurricane season cleaning and services like carpet, upholstery, and rug cleaning after the season.
- Business cleaners are widely available in Florida. Hence, there’s no need to worry about traveling to them during hurricane season when far more important tasks are on your schedule.
- If you have doubts about whether or not your insurance will pay for the expenses incurred by hiring a business cleaning company, you can check with your agent to see if this is a covered expense.
- You might get more value from hiring professionals than paying for all the items you need to do the job yourself.
Hopefully, this article has helped you make a more informed decision about hiring professionals for hurricane services. If you decide to hire them, here are some essential points to remember: Get multiple bids from businesses that offer the services you need. Prices vary significantly from company to company, so you must know the prices upfront before making any decisions. Moreover, go online and read reviews of the business on consumer sites or their websites. This can help clarify whether or not they are a good match for your needs.