Important fun facts about amazon prime day
Amazon is the world’s foremost online retailer and largest marketplace. It is a purchasing bazaar where millions of vendors offer an assortment of products. There are more than 2 billion items available at any given time. Recent Amazon statistics indicate that this retailer has even surpassed Wal-Mart in terms of size and annual revenue, helping to catapult the company’s founder, Jeff Bezos, into the ranks of the world’s wealthiest individuals, a title he may soon assume.
Although some may believe that Cyber Monday is the largest online purchasing day of the year, this is no longer true. Amazon Prime Day, which occurs annually in July, surpasses Black Friday and Cyber Monday by a wide margin and is the most popular online purchasing holiday of the year. Here are the most essential Amazon Prime Day facts to keep you informed.
21 FACTS ABOUT AMAZON PRIME DAY
- In 2017, Amazon Prime Day will begin during the second week of July.
- The duration of the discounts will be at least 30 hours.
- After May 21, merchants can no longer submit for lightning discounts.
- A merchant’s Amazon Prime Day promotion must provide a discount of at least 20%.
- Amazon charges merchants listing fees ranging from $300 to $500 per item.
- The 2016 Amazon Prime Day was the greatest sales day in the retailer’s history.
- Prime Day 2016 generated 60% more worldwide transactions than Prime Day 2015.
- Prime Day 2016 reportedly generated $530 million in purchases, a 26% increase from 2015.
- Prime Day revenues in 2015 were estimated at $421 million.
- Last year, Amazon Prime Day sold over 327 thousand electronic items and over 1 million pairs of shoes.
- In anticipation of Amazon Prime Day 2017, the retailer promises that fewer products will be unavailable due to high demand.
- Lightning bargains, which are the most popular bargains, sell out the quickest, with some selling out within minutes.
- More than one million shoppers utilized the Amazon app to purchase and monitor their purchases in 2016.
- Prime Day was created to increase subscriptions to the Amazon Prime service.
- According to recent reports, Prime customers spend twice as much as non-Prime customers.
- Kindle, Echo, and Xbox One bundles dominated the most popular conversations about Prime Day, according to social monitoring data.
- Amazon Prime Day sales are eighty percent higher than any other day of the year.
- More than one hundred thousand bargains will be available on Amazon Prime Day 2017.
- On Prime Day, the most popular items purchased are electronics priced at $50 or less.
- This year, more than 60 million Prime members will contemplate making a purchase.
- 46% of American households have a Prime membership that they intend to use on Prime Day.
AMAZON PRIME DAY INFOGRAPHIC
Need additional Amazon Prime Day information? Here is a clever infographic that can help you quickly reference some quick facts and statistics.
Seven Interesting Facts About Amazon Prime Day
Prime Day was introduced in 2015
Given Prime Day’s current popularity and notoriety, it’s difficult to believe that it was created so recently. The inaugural Prime Day occurred on July 15, 2015, the same year that Amazon turned 20. The event was an instant triumph, with more items sold on the inaugural Prime Day than on Black Friday in 2014.
Small businesses saw a decline in sales in 2016
Prime Day 2016 was the busiest day ever for Amazon-exclusive devices, including Fire TV, Fire tablets, Alexa-enabled devices, and Kindle e-readers. However, while Amazon had a great deal of success selling its own products during its second Prime Day, so did local businesses and third-party sellers. In comparison to the same day in 2015, third-party vendors’ orders nearly tripled on the same day in 2016.
In 2017, Amazon’s Echo Dot prevailed.
Prime Day 2017 was the first to exceed 24 hours in duration, beginning on July 11 and lasting 30 hours. The number of Prime members who made purchases on Prime Day 2017 increased by more than 50 percent compared to Prime Day 2016. The most popular product sold during this event was the Echo Dot, which is now the best-selling product across all Amazon categories and manufacturers worldwide.
In 2018, over 100 million products were sold globally.
Due to the demand for discounts and the event’s popularity, Amazon extended Prime Day 2018 to 36 hours. Small and medium-sized businesses on Amazon accounted for over $1.5 billion in sales during Prime Day in 2018, when over 100 million products were purchased by Prime members from around the world. With over 300,000 units sold, the Instant Pot 6 Quart 7-in-1 multi-use pressure cooker was extremely popular.
Expanding Prime Day to Two Days in 2019
Prime Day 2019 began on Monday, July 15 and lasted for 48 consecutive hours. The two days of Prime Day exceeded the previous Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined in terms of sales. Over the course of two days, Prime members from 18 countries purchased a staggering 175 million products. These numbers demonstrate the significance of Prime Day preparation for Amazon sellers.
In 2020, online shoppers supported small businesses significantly.
The coronavirus pandemic took a toll on everyone in 2020, and Amazon was compelled to postpone Prime Day until October 13-14 due to lockdowns and logistics issues. In the two weeks leading up to Prime Day, Amazon funded a promotion to support small businesses that drove over $900 million in sales for small businesses. And during the Prime Day event, third-party sellers from around the globe eclipsed $3.5 billion in sales, an increase of nearly 60% compared to Prime Day 2019.
In advance of Prime Day, advertising costs and strategies are cited as the greatest obstacle by 47% of sellers.
In advance of this year’s Prime Day, over 47% of Amazon merchants cite advertising costs and strategy as their greatest obstacle. Nearly 22% concur that supply chain disruptions are the greatest challenge, followed by rising inflation, FBA stores and fees, and measuring success.
In 2021, third-party sellers can anticipate another massive year of sales and prosperity during Prime Day. Maximize your profits, generate customer product reviews, and safeguard your Amazon listing with FeedbackWhiz’s products during Prime Day and beyond, so you can contribute your own amazing and entertaining facts about Amazon Prime Day.
Prime Day was extended to its full length of 48 hours for the very first time ever. Prime Day 2019 was the greatest shopping event that Amazon has ever held at the time, and it featured over one million offers that were only available to Prime members. Sales were higher throughout the two days of Prime Day than they had been during the previous year’s combined totals for Black Friday and Cyber Monday.
Weirdnewsera that you might not find any other platform which gives you all content about health sports business technology and entertainment.
Why is Prime Day so unique?
Prime membership includes savings, convenience, and entertainment. And with Amazon’s annual Prime Day event, Prime members have access to incredible discounts on products from top national brands and small business sellers across all product categories, including fashion, electronics, toys, and household goods.
Why is Prime Day celebrated on July 11 and 12?
In July 2015, Amazon (AMZN) experimented with its first Prime Day to commemorate the company’s 20th anniversary. It planned the day to mirror Black Friday for Amazon (AMZN) loyalists, but offered more discounts than the November purchasing tradition.
How frequently does Amazon host Prime Day?
Since 2015, Amazon has held its two-day sale event annually, making the impending Prime Day its eighth event.
What is Amazon’s largest ever Prime Day?
Prime Day 2022 has concluded, and this year’s event was our most successful to date. Prime members purchased over 300 million items globally and saved over $1.7 billion, more than any previous Prime Day.