Skylar Neese Case: Death By Her Two Best Friends


Brutal Murder Of Skylar Neese Case By Her Friends: Skylar Neese was a girl sixteen years old who lived in Star City, which was a quiet town located in the state of West Virginia. The phrase “spoiled rotten” is frequently used to describe Skylar, who was the only child of her parents, David and Mary Neese.

She was an academic achiever of the highest caliber, excelling in virtually every subject despite her distaste for some of them.

Brutal Murder Case Of Skylar Neese By Her Friends

Skylar Neese was a blooming young lady who was also nice to everyone she met. She graduated high school as a member of the honor roll and was known for her voracious reading and devoted friendships.

Everyone who knew her considered her to be a “bubbly” kid who was devoted to her friendships. Because of this unfortunate turn of events, both her family and the authorities are in a state of bewilderment.

Brutal Murder Of Skylar Neese Case By Her Friends

The tweets sent by Skylar Neese Case were extremely helpful to the investigators in their investigation of her murder. On July 6, 2012, Neese went missing from the residence she shared with her parents in Morgantown, West Virginia. She was 16 years old at the time.

Her parents claimed that she was an honors student who put in a lot of effort and that she had a promising future ahead of her. Instead, Neese’s best friends, Shelia Eddy and Rachel Shoaf stabbed her to death on a rural road in Pennsylvania the night she went missing. Her body was found there the next day.

Rachel Shoaf and Shelia Eddy were later found responsible for Neese’s death, and the courts in West Virginia tried them as adults.

Rachel Shoaf was found guilty of second-degree murder and given a sentence ranging from ten to thirty years in jail, whereas Shelia Eddy was found guilty of first-degree murder and given a term ranging from fifteen to life for her crime.

The Lakin Correctional Center in West Virginia is currently housing both young women. The murder of Neese sheds light on the growing role of social media in investigations of homicide.

Her best friends, Shelia and Rachel, turned out to be her murderers.

Shelia Eddy and Rachael Shoaf, two of Skylar Neese Case’s closest friends, carried out the murder of Skylar Neese Case in 2012.

Skylar Neese Case originally met Eddy when the two were students in the same elementary school. During their first year of high school, Shoaf joined their group of friends.

It is said that after Shoaf arrived, their relationship began to deteriorate, despite the fact that Neese and Eddy had previously been inseparable.

As a direct consequence of this, she and Neese started vying with one another to see who could get the most attention from Eddy, who seemed to enjoy it.

Neese sneaked out to hang out with her pals, but she never came back.

On July 5, 2012, shortly after Neese returned from her part-time job at a fast-food restaurant, she secretly left the apartment she shared with her parents. They resided on the ground floor, and she placed a seat beneath the window of her bedroom so that it would be simpler for her to exit the building.

She went over to speak with Eddy and Shoaf, who had been waiting in a car not far away.

Read more: Paola Franchi Denied False Claims Of Her Marriage With Maurizio Gucci 

The following morning, Skylar Neese Case’s parents discovered the bench and window screen that their daughter had hidden away in her closet the night before. Neese may be seen climbing out of the window in the surveillance film that was taken of the outside of their building; however, the footage did not capture the automobile or the people who were waiting outside.

Her parents made a report to the authorities about their daughter Neese’s disappearance. When questioned about it later, Eddy and Shoaf stated that Neese had arrived back at midnight.

Their car’s trunk included a serial killer’s “kit.”

Not only did Eddy and Shoaf plan the murder of Neese, but they also placed a “serial killer kit” in the trunk of Eddy’s car. This “serial killer kit” included a shovel, towels, bleach, and a change of clothes for each of them. In addition to that, they brought the knives that they had used to execute Neese.

Finally, while they were stabbing their companion to death, both girls wore hooded sweatshirts to cover their faces. They intended to put an end to Skylar Neese’s Case, find a way to get rid of her body, disguise themselves as if nothing had happened, and then go back to their house.

In accordance with their plan, Eddy and Shoaf took Skylar Neese Case to a remote area in Pennsylvania, which was one of their regular hangouts and a place where they enjoyed smoking. There, Eddy and Shoaf waited until the count reached three before lunging at Neese with knives. Allegedly, they stabbed her dozens of times until she stopped making “strange sounds.” 

Eddy and Shoaf decided to bury Skylar Neese Case’s body using the shovel that they brought along with them after they had finished killing her. On the other hand, they discovered that the terrain was much too tough for them to successfully dig a hole in it.

They instead brought Neese’s body to a secluded part of the forest close to a giant tree, where they covered her with branches.

This is where Shoaf led the police in January of the following year to find the spot where Neese’s body had been lying for more than six months prior to that.

Eddy constantly questioned Neese’s parents for news.

Eddy called Neese’s parents every single day from the time she went missing on July 6, 2012, and the time the police found her remains on January 16, 2013. The frequency of Eddy’s calls was such that Neese’s father, Dave, “felt [Eddy] actually cared.” She inquired about new developments in the case, assisted with the placement of posters for the missing person, and even participated in the search.

Students at the school overheard the teens discussing the murder.

After Eddy and Shoaf had been taken into custody, a number of their fellow high school students came forward with information. A student who did not provide his name asserted that he overheard the two discussing the manner in which they had murdered Neese and disposed of his body. On the other hand, Eddy and Shoaf’s classmates didn’t report the incident to the authorities because they thought the two of them were joking about it. After coming to terms with what had transpired, the fellow student notified the authorities.

Why These Teenagers Committed These Murders Is a Mystery.

Although Neese’s social media posts in the weeks leading up to the murder suggested a gap in the friendships between the three people, the authorities are unable to determine why Eddy and Shoaf killed their friend. Shoaf responded to investigators’ questions by claiming that she and Eddy just “lost interest” in Neese after becoming “bored” with her for a period of time.

Former First Acceptee Rachel Shoaf

Rachel Shoaf, who was only a teenager when she committed the murder, was the first person to admit her culpability to the authorities. She suffered a nervous breakdown and was admitted to a mental health facility for a few days in December 2012, which was around six months after the homicide. She called her attorney after she was released from custody and confessed to him. They went to the police station together, and Shoaf provided the officers with information regarding the location of Neese’s body.

Brutal Murder Of Skylar Neese Case By Her Friends

She also revealed the identity of her accomplice, Shelia Eddy. Shoaf went so far as to try to record Eddy confessing to her role in the murder by using a wire on her.

Eddy tweeted about her ‘best friend’ when the body of Neese was discovered, and on March 13, 2013, investigators in West Virginia identified the body as belonging to Neese. Despite the fact that Shoaf had already led law enforcement to the location of Neese’s body, Eddy had not yet admitted responsibility for the murder.

Eddy, who was still pretending to be innocent, sent out a tweet shortly after the authorities reported that they had identified Neese’s remains, in which she said that Neese would always be her best friend and that she hoped Neese would “rest easily.”

A lot of people in authority didn’t believe Eddy.

The investigation of Eddy and Shoaf was carried out by the authorities all through the fall of 2012. During the course of the interrogation, both of them had outward manifestations of lying, such as fidgeting with their hair and avoiding making eye contact with the investigators.

Eddy had the delusion that she could trick a lie detector, which led to the introduction of inconsistencies into her constantly shifting narrative. Despite the fact that she was acting in a manner that was highly suspicious, the authorities were unable to prosecute her with anything until Shoaf acknowledged it.

Armed with this knowledge, they inspected Eddy’s vehicle and discovered blood on the seats from Neese’s attack. The law enforcement officials in West Virginia quickly arrested and accused Eddy of murder.

When problems arose with the Amber Alert system, lawmakers responded by creating “Skylar’s Law.”

In the event that any child under the age of 18 goes missing under peculiar circumstances, a statewide Amber Alert is typically issued to the general public.

On the other hand, due to the fact that Neese left on her own, she was never considered a missing person until the security tape was reviewed. Instead of classifying her as a person who was in danger, the authorities considered her a runaway.

In West Virginia, a new amendment to the statute, which was given the name “Skylar’s Law,” went into force in May of 2013. It mandates that an Amber Alert must be issued for any kid who goes missing, regardless of the circumstances behind the child’s abduction.


What became of Skylar?

Skylar Neese, 16, thought she was sneaking out of her West Virginia home in July 2012 to hang out with her friends, but they had other intentions. Skylar Neese, 16, was murdered by two of her “best friends,” Shelia Eddy and Rachel Shoaf, in July 2012.

Is the film Death Clique based on a true story?

Death Clique, a fictional drama, premiered on Lifetime on April 12, 2014.

Who are Shelia Eddy’s parents?

Tara Clendenen, Shelia Eddy’s mother, filed the motion in Monongalia County Circuit Court, claiming she is not responsible for her daughter’s death in July 2012. Skylar Neese’s mother, Mary Neese, sued Eddy, Rachel Shoaf, Shoaf’s mother, Patricia Shoaf, and Clendenen, among others, in 2014.